E-Cig Nation: Electronic Cigarettes in the U.S.
If you're an e-cig fan, you know what a big difference electronic cigarettes have made in your life, but it can be hard to see the bigger picture. All over the country, people just like your are embracing e-cigs as an alternative to tobacco - check out our infographic to get a sense of the real impact of electronic cigarettes in the U.S.!
The popularity of electronic cigarettes has grown exponentially since their introduction onto the market just a few years ago. The numbers are in, and they paint a picture of an America increasingly learning the benefits of e-cigs and moving away from traditional tobacco cigarettes.
U.S. Electronic Cigarette Statistics:
- 6% of adult Americans had tried e-cigs in 2011, which is twice the number of people who had tried them in 2010
- Among tobacco smokers specifically, the number of people who had tried e-cigs went from 10% to 21% between 2010 and 2011 alone
- 19% of U.S. adults currently smoke tobacco cigarettes
- Around 6.3% of smokers currently use e-cigs
- There are about 2.5 million e-cig users in the U.S.
- People ages 18-24 are the most likely to have tried e-cigs
- Women are significantly more likely to have tried e-cigs than men (8.33% of women compared to 5.33% of men)
- Men are more likely to smoke tobacco cigarettes than women
- The e-cig market was valued at $1.7 billion dollars in 2013
- Wells Fargo analyst Bonnie Herzog predicts that in 10 years, the e-cig industry will be as big as the tobacco industry
While the electronic cigarettes are still relatively new, there's no doubt that they are gaining popularity. At Mistic Electronic Cigarettes, we're happy to be a part of an industry providing people an alternative to tobacco that is cheaper and more convenient, not to mention the improved quality of life that e-cigs offer.
How do you think e-cigs are changing things in the U.S.? Let us know in the comments!
Visit the Mistic Online Store to see our full selection of products. You can also find Mistic at many of your favorite retail locations, including Walmart stores nationwide, Winn Dixie, Food Lion, Bi-Lo, and Rite Aid stores, and Kangaroo Express, Weis, Pilot, Circle K, and CEFCO convenience stores. Find the retail location nearest you with our interactive store locator.