Your HAUS Vape Mod was designed and manufactured to prevent leaks and spills. But without proper maintenance, you might still occasionally encounter those annoying problems. If you haven’t replaced your tank, cleaned it, or charged your battery in a while, now may be the time to give it some attention. As long as you take care of your vape mod, it will continue to deliver the powerful, reliable performance that you expect.
The first thing to keep in mind is that while proper maintenance will help it to last longer, your mod tank won’t last forever. At a certain point, the wick will wear out and the coil will get old. At that point, it’s time for a new vape tank. The second thing to keep in mind is that if you want the tank to work as well as possible, you’ll need to clean it the right way and with the right tools.
Cleaning Your Vape Mod Tank
All you need is water and a cotton swab to get started. If you’d like a deeper clean, you can use rubbing alcohol instead of water. Then follow these simple steps:
- Remove the battery and unscrew the tank cap from the tank.
- Carefully dispose of any leftover juice.
- Run the empty tank under clean water to rinse. Or, for a more thorough clean, rinse or soak the tank and tank cap in "rubbing" alcohol. Don’t use soaps or other cleaning agents. Rinse with water after this step.
- To dry the tank, shake out excess water, wipe it down with a dry cotton swab, and leave it to air dry until there’s no moisture left.
- Gently wipe the battery with a cotton swab. You can dip the swab in "rubbing" alcohol if needed. If you use the alcohol, wipe it with a dry swab afterward.
Afterward, once all the parts are dry, refill, reassemble, and let the e juice soak into the wick for a while before vaping.
It also helps to know the signs that it's time to clean your vape mod tank. If you see residue inside, it’s time to clean it. If you hear a bubbling or gurgling noise when you inhale, this means that some of the liquid might have gotten inside the inner tank or the coil head (HAUS mod tanks are designed to be leak-proof, but if the cap isn’t screwed on tight enough, this can happen). If you aren’t getting the right flavor or cloud size as you normally do, it could be time for a cleaning. Regular swabbing and rinsing will keep your mod performing better in the long run.