Driving while smoking—smokers know it’s not ideal. You’re driving down the road with a cigarette in your hand, when another driver cuts you off or runs a red light through an intersection. You don’t have a good grip on the wheel, and if you drop the cigarette you'll probably burn yourself.
Not only does smoking cause distracted driving, it also damages the value of your car because of ashes, upholstery burns, and the smell of smoke.
Vaping is safer than smoking in the car for several reasons:
- It’s easier to drive while vaping. You can vape at red lights and on longer stretches of road, and set down the e cig or PV while changing lanes or turning.
- No ash. You don’t have to worry about ashing out the window or into an ashtray, and the car interior stays cleaner.
- No fire. Say goodbye to cigarette holes on the seat, ceiling, floorboard, and door. Those little blemishes make it hard to resell a car.
- No smoke. Vapor clouds dissipate quickly. You can vape with the windows cracked or all the way up. And the best part is you don't have to try and get rid of the cigarette smoke smell.
- Non-smoking friends may even let you vape in their cars. You can explain that vaping doesn't produce secondhand smoking, and any faint smell will disappear quickly.
Vaping also makes a great option if you rent a car. Many companies will allow you to vape in the rental car but ask their policies in advance to be certain. Most importantly, you will want to avoid spilling e juice on the upholstery. And you probably shouldn’t return the car with a big cloud of vapor lingering in the air.
Tips for Keeping Vape Supplies in the Car
When vaping on the go, keep a few things in mind. In particular, your e cig or personal vaporizer shouldn't be left in a hot car, especially on the dashboard or otherwise exposed to direct sunlight. It’s an electronic device, after all. Hot cars can overheat the battery.
It’s also a good idea to be careful with e juice bottles and keep them upright if possible, to minimize the risk of spilling.
You can charge your e cig or PV while driving if you have a car charger. Just remember to take it with you when you get out of the car.