In the past few months vape blogs and message boards as well as news outlets having been buzzing with talk about pod mods, and as active members of the community we realized that not many people actually know what pod mods are, how they work, and the benefits of taking a pod-based approach to vaping. This post will touch on the basics.
As we covered in one of our other posts, “The Next Generation of Vaping: Pod Mods Gain Momentum,” pod mods are pretty much exactly how they sound -- devices that use pods instead of tanks and e-liquids – and the concept resembles the way coffee machines were reinvented when pods were introduced.
To give you a feel for just how simple the devices are, let’s look at our Mistic 2.0 as an example. Here are the 5 steps to getting up and running:
- Remove the protective insert from the battery by squeezing the sides and pulling up.
- Remove the silicone air vent cover from the new POD.
- Slide the POD into the battery until you feel it click.
- Hold the power button for about 3 seconds until the lights come on.
- To vape, draw on the mouthpiece while holding the power button.
With no need to prime coils, fill tanks or deal with anything else, it becomes clear that pod mods are truly a step in the right direction and will not only convert existing mod users, but also those who have shied away from vaping because of its perceived complexity. However, we are on a mission to change that.